Company: InVisage Technologies
Menlo Park, Calif.-based camera platform InVisage Technologies has received $32.5 million in funding. The investors in this round included China Oceanwide USA Holdings, GGV Capital, Nokia Growth Partners, InterWest Partners, Intel Capital and RockPort Capital.
InVisage Technologies Inc., a leader in camera technology, announced today the addition of China Oceanwide USA Holdings, the US subsidiary of China-based China Oceanwide Holdings Group to its roster of investors. With Oceanwide’s investment, InVisage’s total funding for its latest round has grown to $32.5M. The company will use the funds primarily for working capital and capex purposes. With this round of financing, InVisage sets a new record for capital raised by any imaging company.
“We’re delighted to continue to attract market-driving investors,” says Jess Lee, CEO at InVisage. “These partners bring solid validation on an increasingly global scale. We are pleased to welcome Oceanwide as part of our broad initiative to address the China market.”
With its QuantumFilm™ products to be released next year, InVisage is changing the landscape of photography, cinematography, and imaging in general. With its first series of products, QuantumFilm™ brings significantly higher sensitivity, dynamic range and true Global Electronic Shutter. These features ultimately allow end-users to capture higher fidelity, warmer and more natural photos and videos.
QuantumFilm™ is a disruptive new material based on nanotechnology. It absorbs light ten times faster than silicon and fundamentally changes the architecture of image sensors and cameras by allowing true top surface collection of photons.
Recognized internationally as one of China’s largest conglomerates, China Oceanwide Holdings Group is dominated by its financial business and reinforced by its operation and involvement in real estate, energy, and strategic investment. In addition to Oceanwide’s investment, InVisage’s latest funding round of $32.5M also includes investments from:
· GGV Capital: For more than a decade, across five funds and $2.2 billion in committed capital, GGV Capital has been relentlessly focused on backing category leaders in the US and China.
· Nokia Growth Partners: With $700M under management, NGP specializes in growth-stage investing seeking companies who are changing the face of mobility and connectivity.
· InterWest Partners: With more than 200 years of operating and investing experience, InterWest has raised $2.8 billion, completed 80 IPOs, and participated in 81 upside acquisitions.
· Intel Capital: Since 1991, Intel Capital has invested more than $11 billion in over 1,370 companies in 56 countries.
· RockPort Capital: RockPort Capital is a multi-stage venture capital firm that has been investing in the areas of alternative and traditional energy, mobility, and sustainability for more than a decade.
For more information on InVisage and its groundbreaking QuantumFilm™ technology, visit www.invisage.com.
About InVisage Technologies
InVisage Technologies, Inc. is a venture-backed advanced materials & camera platform company based in Menlo Park, Calif. that has developed QuantumFilm™, a breakthrough imaging & sensing technology. Its first product captures high-fidelity, high-resolution images from mobile devices such as camera phones and digital cameras. Founded in 2006, InVisage Technologies is venture funded by GGV Capital, Nokia Growth Partners, RockPort Capital, InterWest Partners, Intel Capital, Oceanwide, and OnPoint Technologies. More information is available at www.invisage.com.